Suffering from chicken pox. Taking lukewarm salt bathes. Is it good?

I've been suffering from chicken pox for the past week, clearly the spots are beginning to scab & fall off while other blisters are still no way near healing.
I've been told to head to the beach because it is claimed at salty water aids in quicker healing of the blisters.
Since I dont have access to the beach i have been taking lukewarm salt bathes every other day.
I'd like to know how helpful this is and how long does it usually take to completely get this pox out of the system.
Ive had a vaccine when i was little but i never contracted the pox till this age.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Salt water acts by two ways
1. It removes water from blister by osmosis. That is salt content is more outside the blister, so water from blister moves out.
2. It kills the virus.

Chicken pox vaccine is not 100% protective, thats why you got it.

Usually it takes two weeks for complete healing, but as you have developed blisters, it will take much longer time, exact time cannot be said. Virus is there in your body till the time blisters are present.
Dont worry although vaccine is not 100 % protective but an episode of chicken pox gives life long immunity, so a second episode wont occur.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you