Suffering from chest pain. What should be done to get cure?

Question
i am suffering from chest pain
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 8 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

Looking at your age, it is less likely to be cardiac.

But you have BP and on treatment. So I must ask you a few questions to know what it is.
How long has it been there?
How is the pain?- intensity, type, frequency, location, duration , on and off or constant?
Is there any sweating, nausea, vomiting?
Was there any strenuous activity before or weight lifting?
Do you get acidity, sour eructation, giddiness and palpitations?

If you have any of these, please seek attention.
Heart related chest pain may have such symptoms.
Please specify what are you getting?
Do you check BP at home?

You need an ECG urgently to look for ischemia.

Please take a sorbitrate below the tongue and swallow a Disprin tablet if you have intense left chest pain with any of above. (If have no acidity/ ulcer)
Please revert as soon as possible.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck! Thank you!!

Follow-up: Suffering from chest pain. What should be done to get cure? 41 minutes later

How is the pain?- intensity, type, frequency, location, duration , on and off or constant?Is there any sweating, nausea, vomiting?Was there any strenuous activity before or weight lifting?Do you get acidity, sour eructation, giddiness and palpitations

pain is on left side near to left hand not in centre, not constant rarely

no sweating, vomiting? played bandminton and done work out, it is daily routine.

Yes BP is checked at home it is in range of 140 to 150/ 80 to90.

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 21 minutes later
Thanks for the update XXXXXXX

It is not like angina of the heart. BP is Ok.

I feel it is more of a muscle sprain (from playing badminton? Did you have a jerky movement of the left hand?)

If the pain persists, take rest, try applying local pain-killer liniments like MOOV or voveran gel to the chest muscles. Avoid the play/ exercises. Muscular pain would go away.

If it is intermittent and stays for 10-15 min, with associated symptoms as above, please check an ECG for any atypical presentation of cardiac ischemia.

Rest does not appear worrisome.
Good luck.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Thanks!