Suffering from chest pain. Smoking habit. ECG, EEG normal

there is a pain in my chest on the left and sometimes on the right. I am a smoker of 30 years
th pain occurs sometimes but only in the night, my ecg, eeg and treadmill is normal
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from diffuse chest pain which needs to be investigated.
2. Considering you do not have cough, breathlessness or fever, it is desirable that an xray chest be done.
3. Your cardiac profile seems to be alright.
4. Do you have burning pain in the chest which is aggravated on empty stomach? if yes then the possibility of gastro esophageal reflux disease needs to be considered and managed accordingly.
5. In the mean while you should start an analgesic like tb zerodol TH twice daily in combination with an antacid like tb PAN 40 mg once in the morning before empty stomach. This prescription needs to be taken in consultation with a Physician after your evaluation. Also avoid exertional work.
6. Quiting smoking is very important.
7. Pulmonary function test evaluation is essential in your case, since smoking history is present.
8.If there is no relief after 2 weeks of medications further evaluation is required.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra