Suffering from cervical spondlysis. Diagnosed with disk prolapse in C5, C6. How to lead a normal life?

Spine Surgeon
I have been suffering from cervical spondlysis from last 8-9 years. Around 2 years back I was diagnosed with Disk prolapse in C5, C6. Since then I am not able to recovered fully and my activities are limited though I am able to manage my day to day tasks.
From last 3 months I am suffering from frequent muscle pain(cramps) on upper back/ lower back/ legs etc.
The X-Ray results on lower back did not show any problem niether Vitamin B/ Uric acid test. There was mild Vitamin D deficieny.
How do I lead to normal life?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
I would need some more information in order to help you better:
a. Since you said your activities were limited, which activities are you unable to perform?
b. Is there any pain in the arm? Do you have tingling or numbness in the arms?
c. Is there any pain in the night? Is there a specific time when it is more?
d. Does the pain occur on a daily basis? when does it occur?
e. What makes the pain worse? What relieves your pain?
I would suggest that we repeat a MRI to know the current status of the cervical spine.
There is definitely something we can do about it and I am sure we can take care of this.
Please get back to me with above information.