Suffering from cervical positional vertigo. Cause and cure?

I amnhavebpositional cervical vertigo
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 57 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

It appears as though you have just entered your medical details and history. Well, with this much information let me provide you with a few details on your condition, and you can write back to me for any further clarifications.

This condition is the most common cause of vertigo, and is caused due to the formation of crystals inside a part of the ear called semicircular canals.

The symptoms:
-Vertigo (sensation of surroundings in motion)
-Loss of balance
-Blurred vision (not always)

-Injury to ear
-Prolonged continuation of a particular position
-Associated with other conditions like migraine, etc.

The main treatment for this condition has to do with removal of the crystals formed inside the semicircular canal(of the ear) that are causing the condition. A particular maneuver employed is called Epley's maneuver. This has to be performed by an experienced medical personnel. Please consult your doctor for the same.

I hope this information was what you were looking for. Please write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Suffering from cervical positional vertigo. Cause and cure? 4 hours later
I've had that checked and ears are ok...they allied it a vertebral problem
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Hello once again sir.

Then your condition could be related to your spinal cord. This kind of vertigo is caused almost always due to an injury to the spine, in most cases this injury is what id called a whiplash injury.

This kind of injury usually takes place in road traffic accidents, when an individual in motion (in a vehicle) collides with another, causing a sudden reduction in speed and a jerk to their position, causing severe injuries to the spine.

This condition is one of great concern, as these whiplash injuries are mostly very difficult to treat.

I hope this explains your condition. Do write back to me with any specific questions you have. As you have not mentioned any questions, I do not know what information you are seeking. I would be happy to help you, please write back to me.

Best wishes.