Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from cavities. Having pain. Treatment?

I am suffering cabties problem thats y m unable to enjoy food. i cant take more cold think.. pls help me how i can come out from problem gives me so much pain
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 50 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Based on the details provided, I think the sensitivity to cold is due to exposed dentin in cavity. I do not find it necessary that we should wait to restore the tooth until sensitivity stops unless you have supper added infection.

The exact treatment also depends on the extent of decay of the tooth. Have you got the x-ray of the tooth? If not, I would suggest getting X-rays to find out whether the decay is only in dentin or is it involving pulp.
- If only dentin is involved it can be restored as usual.
- If pulp is involved, treatment has to be planned depending on the severity of condition i.e., either pulpotomy/indirect pulp capping OR root canal treatment has to be done.

Consult your dentist & start with medication & treatment as suggested by him.

Hope this suffices. Please feel free to ask if you have any more queries.

Dr.Neha Sumra