Suffering from cancer and getting pulsating sensation in head. What is going on?

my moms head every time she lays down...a pulse tuype pounding in her head......when she lays on couch its fine..why only when she tries to go to sleep
Cancer my mom does have but no othercategory fit the situation....thank you please help me....
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There can be various causes for such a pulsating headache ranging from stress to sinusitis to high blood pressure to metastasis in brain or brain tumor.
It is very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without proper physical examination and certain investigations like CT or MRI brain.
I would advise you to consult a neurologist and get a proper evaluation done.

Please revert to me if you have any additional concern or any query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Suffering from cancer and getting pulsating sensation in head. What is going on? 15 hours later
Thank you Dr....We will get the results of the brain scan wednesday.....My mom has also bone cancer and was taken off chemo for the caroded artery surgery..which was on Sept. 18th........On wednesday will start chemo treatment again....she has been on chemo for 2 and a half stopping this treatment could this possibly be what is affecting her head?????....
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Stopping of chemotherapy has no relation with starting of headache.
It is important to diagnose the cause for headache because the treatment will depend upon the cause.
The brain scan would reveal,if there is any spread of cancer there or any other cause.
Best of luck