Suffering from cancer. Pain in abdomen and head. What is the cost of Nubain medication?

hi im from puerto rico,im a cancer patients,copf abdominal
nd all kinds on severe paindomina

im a cancer patient suffering severe pain in my head and XXXXXXX only that carming is nalbuphine
when will i recevied my nalbuphine ans whats the cost.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Radhika 29 minutes later

Your question was not very clear to me, but I will try my best to answer it.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from cancer. You are suffering from testicular cancer with severe abdominal pain and headaches.

Nubain (nalbuphine hydrochloride) is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is also used with other types of medication before and during surgery, or other procedures. It is a pain reliever similar to morphine. It can be used in cancer patients.

You have mentioned head injuries and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) in your medical history.
Nalbuphine can cause possible respiratory depressant effects and elevate cerebrospinal fluid pressure in the presence of head injury or a pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. It can also cause respiratory depression in patients having COPD, asthma so it is not recommended in your case.

The other side effects seen are drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, flushing, light-headedness, headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, and sweating.
The cost of 0.4-mg ampule of nalbuphine costs $0.27 and this will be available in the pharmacy and it is a prescription medicine. You will need to discuss with your physician about the medication even if you desire to take it. I am sure your doctor could provide you with an alternative medication to treat your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.