Suffering from boils and swollen, painful spots in perineum. Tender to touch. Suggest some remedy

Hi, i work in a very hot climate and my work demands that i spend long periods of time sitting at a desk. I have a lot of body hair and sweat a lot - I suffer from boils and swollen, painful spots in the crotch area, which I have put down to bacterial infections. However, I recently developed swelling in my perineum (small, pea sized lump) which is tender/painful to touch and causes a little discomfort (pressure) whilst seated. It has recently began to bleed periodically and discharge fluid - when I examined myself in the mirror there appears to be a small hole developed. Can you please advise my best course of action. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Thanks for writing.
It is most probably a small abscess which has ruptured.
You need to be examined to check if all the pus has come out. If not, the doc will make a small cut to remove the pus. Then antibiotics are given to remove the residual infection.
To prevent repeated infections, the area needs to be kept clean and dry. Try to shave the area often, which also is likely to reduce such events.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan