Suffering from body pain. Diagnosed with vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Any advice?

Hello Dr.,
I am suffering from randomized body pain, particularly lower back pain for last 3 months. I consulted one ortho., he got my Vit D3 levels checked n found my body deficient. He suggested me to have Cholecalciferol XXXXXXX D-360 with milk once a week and get exposed to plenty of sunlight which I am following religiously. Since I did not find much relief in pain, I consulted another ortho., he got my other tests done, like Uric Acid, RA Arithritis, Calcium and Digital X-rays of DL Spine & LS Spine. After examining the reports, along with suggestions advised by former ortho., he advised me to have Calcium (with Vit-D ) tablets OSTOCAL-D twice daily after meals. He stressed that I should have ample amount of milk and milk-products. Additionally, he suggested three simple exercises for lower back.
To XXXXXXX my Vit D3 & Calcium deficiency, I googled and found some natural sources like seasame, carrots, dry plum, etc and started having them for last 15 days. But back and body pain is still persistent, please advise.

Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome.

I have gone through your reports. Your Vit D3 level is significantly low. Your consultant has started proper treatment. However, it will take at least take 6 month to get Vit D level to normal. The natural sources you are taking is fantastic, it should in regular diet only.

One more thing, make habit of exposure to natural sun light in the morning. Vit D is synthesized in our skin only after sun exposure.

If possible, please upload X-rays, so that we can check if there is any minor problem causing back pain. Until then, it should be manage with analgesics and back muscle strengthening exercise.

Hope I have answered your query. Waiting for follow up X-rays.

Thanking you.