Suffering from blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Is it safe to take gem 1 and telsita AMH?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
Hai good moring
I am having BP and diabiaties type 2

shall i take gem 1 and Telsita AMH is any side effect of Teliesta AMH
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later

I will like to know:-
1. Since when you are having high blood pressure and diabetes?
2. What are the recordings of your blood pressure?
3. What are your recent blood sugar levels (Fasting and Post prandial) and HbA1c levels?
4. Any family history of these diseases?

Medicines of blood pressure and diabetes can be suggested rightly if your readings of blood pressure and sugar levels are known. So to help you in a better way, please mention the above readings.

Awaiting your response...

Follow-up: Suffering from blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Is it safe to take gem 1 and telsita AMH? 29 minutes later
BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL MORING IS 103-110 AND bp LEVEL IS 124 AND 83

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 7 hours later

Thanks for providing more information.

Your blood sugar level is in normal range (70 to 110 mg/dl). Your blood pressure is also within normal limits.

You can continue with the medicines prescribed by your doctor as your sugar and blood pressure is under control.

Every medicine has some or the other side effects. Telista AMH contains Hydrochlorothiazide in addition, as compared to your previous Telista AM.

Hydroclorothiazide is a diuretic. Its main side effects are decrease of body Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium. You can monitor it by regularly checking for the serum electrolyte levels.
As it is a diuretic, you should also maintain your hydration and monitor your blood pressure regularly.

If you have any further doubts, I will be happy to help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Is it safe to take gem 1 and telsita AMH? 12 hours later
what are effect of decrese of body potassium sodium Magnesium please tell shall i go for any test

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 42 minutes later

Sodium, Potassium and magnesium are important electrolytes in our body. Decreased levels of these electrolytes have following effects :-

1. Decrease in sodium :- Normal range is 135 - 145 meq/l.
Severe decrease in sodium can result in confusion, irritability, decreased consciousness/coma, fatigue, muscle weakness.

2. Decrease in potassium :- Normal range is 3.5 - 5 meq/l
Decrease in potassium can result in abnormal heart rhythm, constipation, muscle weakness.

3. Decrease in magnesium :- Normal range is 1.8 - 2.6 meq/l.
Decrease in magnesium can result in loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue. In severe deficiency there can be convulsion, numbness, tingling sensation, muscle contraction.

If you are starting Telista AMH, then have regular check for these electrolytes along with you routine checkups. In addition as you are diabetic and hypertensive you should have following tests :-

1. Kidney Function Test
2. Lipid Profile
3. THyroid Profile
4. Urine examination (Routine and Microscopic)
5. ECG
6.Eye checkup. (Fundus examination)
These tests are in addition to blood sugar level and electrolytes at regular intervals.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any more concerns, I will be happy to help.
Regards.