Suffering from blisters in armpits and thighs. Medication?

Dear doctor,

Am suffering from the blisters (ie., skin problem of acne like things) in the armpit and thighs... i attached the pictures.. kindly tell me medicines or ointments or lab tests or any other thing whichever is needed... am suffering from this problem for 2 to 3 years.. but i didnt take care of it and didnt consult any doctors... am nearer to chennai, Tamilnadu.
Pls help me and save me from these acnes like things..

Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 11 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I saw the pics you have attached.

There are two possibilities
1. Hidradenitis suppurativa
2.chronic furunclosis

Both these disorders are of infective origin. However Hidradenitis SUpurativa is the more sinister of the two (and it is higher on the list of possibilities).

In this condition the sebaceous gland of the body are hyper active and which results in recurrent boils, abscesses and scars on the body folds.

This is a chronic skin condition and thus the treatment is very long too.
The conventional treatment is long term isotretinoin with intermittent antibiotic therapy.

For sever cases surgery and Lasers are done. But your case seems to be of moderate severity so medical treatment should be sufficient.

There are no tests as such but a skin biopsy confirms the diagnosis.

You must see a dermatologist personally and get yourself examined. It will be prudent to get a skin biopsy done.

Hot and humid weather tends to aggravate this problem.

Early treatment prevents complications likes scarring, sinuses and fistulas.

Please see a dermatologist and get your treatment started.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me

Follow-up: Suffering from blisters in armpits and thighs. Medication? 2 hours later
Thanks for ur valuable answer sir... Is there any possibility of consulting you online via skype or phone call or thru email..? It would be great help for me sir.. I will pay the actual consulting charges..

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later
you may contact me via this forum. or you may call me on 0000.