Suffering from bipolar disorder, hypertension and atrial fibrillation. Taking warfarin. Troponin test positive

My husband and I have lived in our current address and been with the same GP surgery since 1984. Today they tell me we'll have to register elsewhere because we now live outside their catchment area! There has been no advance warning of the change. He is 81 and I would like to preserve continuity of care for his complex health needs. Briefly he developed Bipolar Disorder in 1982, had strokes 11 years ago, developed AF four years ago, has OSA, hypertension and started on Warfarin in December 2012 after a suspect myocardial infarction. His Troponin test was positive. He is undergoing a myocardial perfusion stress test this week. Can I appeal? Please advise me. I feel very upset at the thought of leaving our known Doctors and team.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

I do understand that you are in a genuinely dilemmatic situation.It would be an ideal solution for you go ahead and appeal.

If your appeal is not entertained and if your husband's previous medical history is recorded well and chronologically with all the relevant investigation reports, I consider there is no need to be worried about.

You can go ahead and consult the other GPs you are going to be placed under. Once the new GPs go through the detailed medical profile of your husband, the treatment plan and the other considerations would be much in congruence with those of your old consultant.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Wish you good health.