Suffering from baltod in thigh. Is alomox, potassium clavulanate a good medication?

I am male aged 39 suffering from Baltod at my thigh for last 4 days, and taking Alomox-CV 625 (Amoxycilin (500 mg) & Potassium Clavulanate(125 mg) tablet. already taking 1 tablet a day and took 4 tablets as of today. Please suggest if this is correct medicine or suggest best medicine to cure it fast. i don't have any other ailments like diabetes etc.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

From the description of problem it seems that you are having hair root infection. These kinds of infection are very common in this season because of drying of skin.

You are taking an antibiotic which is normally used to treat infection with more severity. It is strongly advisable that you consult your family physician and take his advice. The medicine is fine, but not used in routine infection as first line drug.

Along with oral antibiotics for faster result please apply local antibiotic cream like one with fusidic acid or polymyxin b after seeing a doctor. Avoid self medication.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Suffering from baltod in thigh. Is alomox, potassium clavulanate a good medication? 16 hours later
Thank you for the suggestion, my question with respect to you answer is, ideally how many tablets (Alomox-CV 625) should be taken at XXXXXXX in my case? Do i need to take any other medicine along with this to minimize the side effects (if any). And as you suggested this should not be taken as first line of drug, so which medicine i should have tried first for how many days then i can try this?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Depending upon the type of infection the normal dose for any adult is either 375mg or 625 mg twice in a day for most of the susceptible infection.

Please do not take any of this on empty stomach.

I am sorry but without physical examination I will not be able to suggest any further medicines to you for your problem.

Your doctor is the best judge to select the drug after examination.