Suffering from bad headache. Took medication. Starts to pain when laugh or cough. What to do?

Nov 2013

Hi I am 42 year old female with very bad head aches, it feels like my head is going to explode! very painful, not even strong pain medication can take pain away. If I am seating at a 45 degree angle my head aches seems to calm down, but if I cough, laugh or get up my head starts to hurt alot.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.
Headaches can be due varied causes, and the exact cause can be ascertained after a careful clinical examination and investigations, including brain scan.

The commonest cause of headaches at your relatively younger age, however, would be migraines. To obtain relief from pain, you may use rizatriptan or diclofenac tablets.

However, if you do not improve, or if you develop additional symptoms such as vomiting, double or blurred vision, any weakness of arm or leg, then, you should see a neurologist and get a CT or MRI scan of the brain done.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: WWW.WWWW.WW