Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from bad breath. Suggest

Dentist, Prosthodontics
how do I tell the doctors about my bad breath when I call for an appointment without feeling embarrassed?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear Thenaro, Hello, I sincerely unde Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, I sincerely understand your concern. You can just ask the appointment for general check-up and cleaning [Scaling] of teeth. Most of the time the bad breath is due to local deposits and by cleaning the teeth it will subside. If it is due to decayed tooth, dentist will point out during the routine check-up. If it is due to systemic reasons dentist may guide you to whom to consult further. Dentists are used to such inquiry/appointments. You need feel embraced. Wishing you happy recovery from bad breath. with regards,