Suffering from back pain. MRI showing problem in L5S1. Having pain when standing or sleeping. Suggest the treatment?

Spine Surgeon
Hi Doctor, I am suffering from back pain since last 5 years. The last MRI which was done in 2009 indicated problem at L5S1. The same is aggreviated if I stand for longer or sleep for long.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to get fresh mri

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us. You have disc prolapse at L5-S1. Usually it gives rise to back pain due to dry disc. Any exertion which increases the pressure in the disc tend to cause aggravate back pain.
Do you have any leg problem? tingling or numbness in the leg? radiating pain in the leg? it may indicate pressure on the nerve in the spine. Please get back with above information and if possible upload xray/mri. Thanks