Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doc,
My Wife has a back pain from last 3-4 months, the intensity of the pain has increased from last 3-4 days and with the back pain now she is complaining for the pain which keeps on shifting in the joints basically.
Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Your wife had chronic backache and now has intensified probably radiating downwards too. This radiation of pain may be due to pressure over nerve root which get irritated.

As X-ray of spine is normal it might be due to disc bulge which causes pressure over nerve root.
So get a MRI done and let me know the findings.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.