Suffering from back pain. Had back surgery. How to get rid of this?

Dec 2012

back pain all my adult life. how can i rid myself of the daily pain? I had back surgery two years ago.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

I am Dr. Nsah and I am sorry to hear about your long lasting fight against back pain.
I presume you must have been all so many pain medicines and I see that you have also been on physical therapy. I also presume the reason for your back surgery (laminectomy and foramenotomy) some years back was because of the pain and normally you should been feeling better, but you feel the pain is persisting. Spinal surgeries could always present with side effects after the surgery which may include pain or some serious complications.
Now to tell you the truth, there would hardly be a medication that will give you immediate relief and I personally will not advise another spinal surgery.
Your treatment will be mainly supportive (psychological) and some pain medicine either as monotherapy or in combination. There are different classes of pain killers and your treating physician will be able to place you on an appropriate one.
If you develop severe pain, you may go to the ER for immediate relief and continue your pain medications. Pain killers will be a good alternative if properly chosen by your doctor.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah