Suffering from back pain. Disc herniation in the MRI. Can I go for a rough terrain journey?

Spine Surgeon
I am suffering from lower back pain since 4 to 5 years. And recently diagnosed with MILD ANNULAR & BROAD BASED POTERIOR DISK HERNIATION at L5-S1 level in MRI reports. And from past 3 weeks i am suffering from more pain. So, is it advisable for me to go on a trip to a ruff terrein like Gir wild life centuary next week?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 20 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem with me.

I understand you have L5-S1 disc disease with back pain.

I believe you do not have much leg pain and you don’t get pain while walking. Since you are experiencing more pain for the past 3 weeks, it is better that you avoid rough journey till you get better.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.