Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with kidney stone. No stone detected in USG. What test should be done?

I was suffering from Back Pain 2 Years back & my Doctor advised me for USG & i was diagnosed with stones in Kydney. Though i have not taken any medicine since then but when i got USG done again now there is no stone detected this time. Kindly suggest is it possible & should i go for further test.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 days later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I think the doctor might have advised you to have plenty of fluids when you had stones.
Treatment depends on the type of stone and the severity of your symptoms. Kidney stones that are small usually pass on their own. When the stone passes, the urine should be strained so the stone can be saved and tested.
If the stone is not detected in the present USG, i think it might be small one and had passed in your urine. Presently i don't think you need to worry.
As you had a history of stones, drink plenty of fluids (6 - 8 glasses of water per day) to produce enough urine.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.