Suffering from back pain. Blood test, urine test and ultrasound normal. What is the cause for pain?

I've been having pain in my back. lower quadern, upper part about three inch right of my spin. It comes and goes. sometime it's ver painful. it's not a sharp pain, but feels like someone squeesing my kidney area. seen the Dr. They've take blood test, nothing out of the norm. Urin test shows no blood. Had an ultrasound theat came back normal.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1) Have you ever had any trauma in that region? 2) Since when did it start and how did it start? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Follow-up: Suffering from back pain. Blood test, urine test and ultrasound normal. What is the cause for pain? 14 minutes later
no, no trauma. It started hurting bad about a month ago. It would hurt, (on a scale from 1 - 10, 10 being the worst) a5 and shot up to 8. It would hurt once in a while, about a 2 -3 once or twice a month going back about four or five months now
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible causes Detailed Answer: Hello From the kind of pain that you have described, renal/ureteric calculus should have been the most possible diagnosis. However as the USG has come normal, the possibility of stones is negligible. The other two possibilities could be 1) Muscle sprain 2) Colon spasm The first one can occur due to any awkward posture or movement. It can occur any time during day to day activities. If it is a muscle sprain then the same should resolve with pain killers and muscle relaxant. To my patients i generally prescribe brufen MR and this acts very nicely. The other diagnosis of colon spams is not very common, although possible. If it is a colon spasm then the pain should respond to dicycloamine. You can discuss these two possibilities and medications with your doctor who can help you with the prescriptions. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy