Suffering from asthma and occasional chest infection. Found hard lump under armpit. Prognosis?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had a hard lump near the surface of the skin under my left armpit about a month ago, my dr said it was probably a sist but decided not to XXXXXXX it as i was going overseas. over the course of four weeks the lump split into two lumps then spread to become a long thick vein that stretches from the original lump location toward my hand, its about 50mm long. no sorenes just annoying when colthes rub etc. i do suffer from asthma and occasional chest infection.
i am 46 year old male.
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
thanks for writing in.
Since the location of the lump is quite precarious I would suggest the following to arrive at a diagnosis.
1. Ultrasound of the mass.
2. FNAC of the lesion.
Depending upon the results a treatment plan can be workedout.