Suffering from asthma. On steroids and antibiotic for viral infection on chest. What should I do?

hello wonder if you could advise me.

i am an asthma suffer and last week cought a common cold my peak flow is normally around 410. i have visited my docter on thursday last week to double check my lungs as every time previous i have ended upwith a viral infection on my chest which has taken seriods and antibiotics to clear it as well as uping my inhalers brown 4 times am & pm and XXXXXXX long term reliever 2 twice daily. my peak follow was still above 85%. she did give me some antibiotics just incase i deteriorated over the weekend.

well heres my dilema i feel loads better still a bit sniffly when i blow its now clear and not XXXXXXX and coughing first thing and just after i do my peak flow which i cant get above 360 even though i am using all my medsi dont feel rough and my chest doesnt hurt but i am coughing up pale stuff when i do cough (i have had way worse). well here my question do i start taking the antibiotics or do i need oral steriods?

Thank you

Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 8 hours later

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more in order to come to a good conclusion

1. Do you have fever?
2. Is the cough bad? What is amout of mucous that comes each time you cough?
3. Is your asthma under control?
4. Have you taken any medicines for the common cold?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you a speedy recovery