Suffering from arthritis and started the diet using Garcinia Cambogia. Could I take Motrin along with Garcinia Cambogia?

I have arthritis and it has kicked up..I have started the diet using Garcinia Cambogia..I want to know if I can take Motrin which I take for arthritis along with the Garcina Cambogia
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it is not known to interact

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Garcinia is not known to interact with medications such as motrin known all of its interactions and effects are not precisely known.

It is thought to possibly lower blood sugar levels and should be used with caution in persons using diabetic medication.
It can also interact with statin medications that are used for high cholesterol. In that case it increases the risk of muscle injury and pain.
Garcinia can also interact with some blood pressure medications (the calcium channel blockers such as amlodipine) and medications for abnormal heart beat.

At present it is not known to interact with motrin, you can consider using the motrin if you need to.
It should be used on a full stomach.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions