Suffering from anxiety, panic and costochondritis. Having pain on chest and armpit. Underlying cause?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I would like your opinion on the following: A little history - I am a 40 yr old women who does low impact cardio 3x a week with strength training for 30 min ...I suffer from anxiety panic and costochondritis ...Late last year I was having upper gi pain so they did routine tests ...all tests and results are as follows done by cardiologist
ECG -Normal sinus rythem /non spacific st /t wave abnormality
Echo - Normal no blockage heathly
upper gi ultrasound - normal
blood work normal
xray normal
Fine I have gone on with my life till Monday when I had a sharp pain in upper right side of chest coming from around armpit remember I suffer from costochondritis and I had been carrying bags and heavy coat on that side but no shortness of breath no trouble breathing no other symptoms other than that ...I went to ER and they again did a routine ECG which again came back same as before ...he did say it could be a pulled muscle or my costo and that I should look into some pysio question is as follows ...since I had all these tests done late Oct 2012 should I be concerned and go back to the cardiologist just to follow up ...
ECG reads as follows
normal sinus reythm
vent rate 86 bpm
pr interval 130 ms
qrs Duration 68 ms
qt/qt'c 360/430 ms
p.r.t axes 75 50 64

I am going to ask my Dr to just send me for a follow up with a cardiologist but I just want to make sure this isnt anything urgent and can I continue to workout or should I stop...
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 9 hours later
It does not look like anything significant. As rightly thought by you and described by your doctor, it is likely to be muscular pain. Costochondritis pain does not come in armpit and nor does heart pain.
Now as routine not in relation to your current symptoms, as you had upper GI symptoms in the past with normal endoscopy and Non-specific ST-T changes it would be advisable to have treadmill test done. From the information provided, I do not see any urgency and you can opt for elective evaluation.
If any other doubts, please write back to me.

Follow-up: Suffering from anxiety, panic and costochondritis. Having pain on chest and armpit. Underlying cause? 35 hours later

Thank you ...I did go see my Dr and she confirmed it to be muscle and she was not concerned with the ecg above as she indicated the numbers were normal and the ultrasound (echo) on the heart was normal blockage or anything else ..I did mention that I would like a treadmill test done but she has opted to tell me to keep working out as I am and she will do another one in afew weeks if this is still the same numbers and stuff then she will send for treadmill test only to ease my mind but she has no concerns about my heart and says it is healthy ...she said there is no urgency in this and that alot of women my age have this type of ECG but since I have done the tests and they havent changed ...she told me she is not worried ...
Also would I be able to continue my excerise routine as well as be intemate with my husband ...
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 12 hours later
Your Doctor's opinion is in consistency with what I had previously replied. In that case, I don't see any reason for you to be worried.

Please continue the line of treatment advised by your doctor if any.

You can continue to be fully active in all aspects of life. If recurrent or persistent, you get further tests.

I hope I answered all doubts. If any please get back to me.