Suffering from anxiety, depression and dementia. Facing concentration difficulty. Worried for agoraphobia

I think I am suffering from anxiety, depression ,or dementia. I am 64years. For the last 13months I have been suffering from slight disorientation. It started one am when I was driving like a panic attack. I had three subsequent attacks when driving. This has left me feeling very insecure, I am now afraid of getting lost in large buildings like Hotels ect.
Some days my head feels very mussy and I find it hard to concentrate. I sometimes get a choking feeling when cleaning my teeth esp in the mornings. The problem when out driving is getting better. I am afraid this may develop into agrafobia. I hope you can help me. Many thanks.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. The symptoms you have described are the signs of panic attack. When they happen, especially at your age, the doctor should check you for any medical problem which may cause it. For example, many people with higher than normal hyperparathyroid gland function may show the disease in this shape. You should ask your doctor to do the exam and also send the blood sample to see what may be contributing to this problem. If there is no other factor, the doctor will treat the paninc with medication. the drugs from the class of SSRI are the best and can treat the problem even in 6 months. I wish you a good health.