Suffering from anxiety and panic disorder. Taking xet cr plus. Right medication?

I am suffering from Anxiety and Panic disorder, i dont have depression, i am taking XET CR plus for last 3 years, is it right kind of medicine, what is the alternative
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with anxiety symptoms and panic disorder. Xet-CR (Paroxetine) is a SSRI group of psychotropic drug that has both antidepressant and anti anxiety properties. Also, it is the only FDA (American agency) approved drug for a variety of anxiety disorders. Only issue is the high cost of the drug. In addition to the medication, we have alternate strategies like psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy and exposure response prevention) to effectively deal with the above. I would also suggest breathing relaxation exercises, yoga and meditation to further reduce your anxiety symptoms. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar