Suffering from allergy. Not cured by medication and levolin inhaler. How to get cured?

Iam working in KUwait and I have been suffering from severe infection/allergy. The doctors here tell me that this is an infection and allergy due to the weather changes and should settle down. They have given me some steriod injections and a vareity of medicines but it is almost 45 days now and Iam still t get over this. Somedays it seems okay. There is constant irritation of the throat. When I cough there is no plegm but i get spasms that sort of make me black out for a few seconds. This attack can come on antime more often when I get into a room with Airconditioned room . Iam taking an antihistamine, ranitidine and augmentin now. Is this okay. Infact one doctor I visited has asked me to take levolin inhaler since i developed wheezing for some tme. I had carcinoma under the toungue 4 -1/2 years back and I have been going to my oncologist in India every 4 months for check up. My last check up was last month and he has given me a clean chit as far as this coughing is concerned. He asked me to consult an infecion specialist who has asked me to use levolin inhaler. BUt Iam not sure this is helping . Although the cough is less now, it does flare up at times. Iam nowing taking an coures of augmentin (2 tabs a day ) ranitidine and zyrtec.

Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from acute bronchitis based on your clinical symptoms.

2. You need to under go investigations: chest xray, pulmonary function test and serum IgE levels along with evaluation by a pulmonologist.

3. The condition is not uncommon and is especially presented with symptoms in winter and rainy months.

4. If in spite of the current medications your symptoms are not relieved then you may need inhalers which will definitely help you. Rather then plain asthalin inhalers combination inhalers like foracort are more likely to help you depending on your clinical evaluation results. A total antibiotic course of 3 weeks should generally take care of infective exacerbations.

5. You can also take annual flu vaccination to prevent secondary infections leading to symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra