Suffering from acute gastritis, have painful spasm. Strong medicine to cure in a short time?

Question
I have to travel abroad the dayafter tomorrow. Right now, I'm suffering from acute gastritis and am having painful spasms. Is there a strong medicine that can cure me within a day or two?
Allergy - nimusilide
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Radhika 35 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering from acute gastritis with painful spasms.

For immediate relief of symptoms, you can take Tablet Zantac 150 mg twice daily with a glass of water. This needs to be taken for 5 days.
For maintenance, take Tablet Zantac 150 mg 1 tablet at bedtime.

I suggest that you try the following measures to prevent acidity.

1. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
2. Avoid having pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar etc. in your food
3. Make a habit to have your last meal two to three hours before you go to bed .
4. Drink a glass of milk everyday. Milk is also very helpful in relieving acidity
5.Have watermelons, coconut water, bananas and cucumbers in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is very helpful to cure acidity.
6.Acidity can also be prevented by consuming vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, capsicum, spring onion etc.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Suffering from acute gastritis, have painful spasm. Strong medicine to cure in a short time? 56 minutes later
Thanks for the advice.

Instead of Zantac, can I take Rantac 150 mg (my local chemist suggested this).
Follow-up: Suffering from acute gastritis, have painful spasm. Strong medicine to cure in a short time? 14 minutes later
Also, I believe this medicine is for relieving acidity.

How do I get rid of the infection that is causing me the trouble?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 16 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, you can take Tablet Rantac 150 mg instead of Zantac.

You also seem to be suffering from infection in the abdomen. For this, you have been prescribed Ceftas-400mg and Woflox oz .These are the right medications. You should take it as prescribed.

Sometimes due to antibiotics, you will get severe acidity. For that, Rantac is a good medication. Along with this you can take probiotics like Yakult. Drink sufficient fluids too and follow the diet changes I have told above.