Suffering from acute coronary syndrome, panchreatitis and perianal abscess. Want to bring all healthcare under one doctor.

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor,
I am 38-year-old and had an episode of acute coronary syndrome for which I underwent angioplasty with drug-eluting stent to lCX (100% cut off) 20 months ago and so far I have been doing very well cardiac wise. Similarly, I used to have recurrent episodes of pancreatitis in 2000 after which I was episode-free and symptom-free till 2011, but recently had started getting episodes of pancreatitis and I have been classified as "a nonalcoholic chronic pancreatitis case" and was suggested conservative treatment with enzyme tablets and pain killers. To add to that, though I was nondiabetic till 2011, recently due to perianal abscess, I had a sugar test and sugar was in the 300-400 range and started taking insulin, sulfonylureas, and other tablets. Also through lab test It was found that My haemoglobin is low.

My problem is that now I have to visit cardiology, endocrinology, and gastroenterology specialists every month and synchronizing all these visits and their treatments have become very difficult for me to cope up with. It is taking a lot of time, money, and energy.

By the way, I am from coimbatore, tamilnadu, india.

Respected Doctor Sir,

In this regard, I would like to bring all my healthcare under the roof of one doctor, who would be the best to take care of my multiple ailments. Cost is not the problem. I am expecting your advice in this regard.

Also, though I have quit smoking for the past two years and have been taking medicines regularly for the cardiac concern, I am a little bit noncompliant with my diet and do not do any walking or exercise at all. I am afraid whether this would lead to an another episode of heart related serious situtations? Please advise me in this regard also.

Thanking you,

With regards,

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 2 hours later
I understand your problem.

You are having problems involving different specialties and in these days, it difficult to get one such doctor who can treat all your conditions.

It may be possible to find your specialists in same hospital and you can arrange appointments on the same day with them.
Additionally, I would suggest that you exercise regularly and restrict your diet as per the advice of your doctors and maintain the calorie restriction.
These healthy practices will be of immense help.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Wish you a healthy life.