Suffering from acne problem. Prescribed isotroin-20. Gained weight. Should contine isotroin-20?

Hello Sir,
my wife was suffering from acne problem. So we went to a doctor. Doctor advised her to take isotroin-20. she is 24 years old. she started taking medicine 4 months before. now acne is almost gone but she has gained weight. so my doubt is she has gained weight because of this medicine or something else.
also she should continue taking isotroin or not?
for first 2 months : alternative day
last 2 months: 2 tablets a week
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Weight gain partly attributable to the drug

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query. I have read it with diligence.

Isotroin as such does not cause weight gain. However, it has several other side effects and adverse reactions that could be potentially harmful to the body. Overall, it is possible that your wife's weight gain can be partly attributed to the drug Isotroin.

There may be other contributing factors for her weight gain as well.

Regarding continuing the drug or not - Her treating doctor is the best person to decide on this.

Since you say that the acne problem is almost gone now, it is better to stop the drug. This is my viewpoint.

If I were her treating doctor, I would stop the medicine right away.

Hope this helps you.