Suffering from acne. Drinking lot of water. Not getting cured. Suggest some treatment

I am having so many acnes..I am drinking almost 4-5 lts of water oily..junk food....still no improvement
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
If you can provide me the following details, I would be in a better position to help you:
a. Are you married? if yes, are you planning to have a child or are carrying at present?
b. Are there any acne scars on your face?
c. Are you allergic to anything?
Let me know and we can discuss the treatment in detail
Follow-up: Suffering from acne. Drinking lot of water. Not getting cured. Suggest some treatment 1 hour later
No, I am not married...el be getting married in this December..

Yes, not much, but I have few acne sacrs on my face

I am not allergic to any thing
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 15 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.
Here's what you need to do to take care of the acne:
a.. Wash you face with a soap containing salicylic acid. One such soap is Acnelak available at all chemists.
b. Also dont apply any cream or oily moisturizer on your face. You can use an oil free moisturizer on your face if your skin feels dry after washing.
c. After that, in the day time, you need to apply Benzaclin ( with benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) ointment on the whole face.
d. Apply a gel based or sheer sunscreen with 50 SPF and PA+++ after that. Lotus and Neutrogena make such sunscreens
e. Keep drinking lot of water
f. At night, wash your face again and apply Adapalene gel 0.1% on the entire face. This will help the scars as well. This only needs to be applied in the night. In the day time, it will react with the sun and cause a reaction. Also, it will cause some dryness and peeling. But this will go away in some time. This needs to be discontinued if you are planning a baby right after your marriage. This drug can cause severe problems in the child , so not lady who is planning to conceive or has conceived should use it.
Please do this for 4-6 weeks. This should definitely help clear the acne.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.