Suffering from abdominal cramps and loose stools. Took Norflox-TZ. Dull ache in stomach. Underlying reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I was suffering from abdominal cramps and loose stools. I took a course of Norflox-TZ for three days, twice a day. The severe cramps and loose stools were treated, however, I continue to suffer from a chronic dull ache in the stomach. Could it be that the infection did not clear completely or there may be some other underlying reason?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to suboptimal infection

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case with diligence.

Usually there can be persistent suboptimal infection so I will advise you to continue antibiotic norflox TZ for 2 days more.
There can be associated gastric upset so it’s better to continue antacid [rabeprazole or esmoprazole] along with it and some digestive enzymes.

If pain persist than some investigation like liver function test, and USG abdomen may be required.
Possibility of underlying cause is less.
Take diet easy to digest, drink lot of water, and rest well.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.