Suffering from a sudden onset of vertigo, cold sweats, slight nausea. Should I go to ER?

My husband is suffering from a sudden onset of vertigo, cold sweats, slight nausea and I don't know if I should take him to the emergency room. He went out for dinner and had a fairly large and heavy meal with a glass of red wine. He got me up at 4am complaining of dizziness, cold sweats and vertigo. SLight nas
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Given that he has a family history of stroke, I would suggest you take him to the ER. We would need to start evaluating him with a complete exam and a EKG to start with. The symptoms could be anything from a heart condition to flu. I think it would be better if we play safe here.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more concerns.