Suffering from a concussion and getting headache. Taking typernol. BP has increased. What do you suggest?

Nov 2013

I am suffering from a concussion on Sept 9th. It was a bad one with a five foot drop xrays and scan o.k. I did not get to treatment until 2 weeks after incident. 3 weeks physical and mental rest...tough A i have been doing physical work at home and walking but very limited cognitve activity except of course shopping etc. I still get headaches mostly in the pm as well little attacks mirror the incident at times. How to I proceed, more activity less activity..I take typernol es from 2 to 4 a day..recently my headaches seem to be on top of head and around the head I am seeing a physio for my neck...both my bllood pressure and pulse has risen over the last 2 months YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I would advise more activity Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. It is unfortunate that your symptoms related to concussion are still persisting even after about two months from the time of injury. However, in some cases, these symptoms can last longer. Regarding physical activity, in the initial few days, rest is important, however, as the recovery continues, more physical activity is advised. This should be done in a graded fashion and the duration of physical activity should be gradually increased. Similarly, cognitive activity can also be gradually increased. For relief of headaches, you could take diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: