Suffering from Vertigo. On vertin. How long it will take to completely recover?

ENT Specialist
I have been suffering from Vertigo/Vestibular Nuritis for the past 3 month. Initially 4 apleys were done but of no use. It aggravated the problem. For the last 2 months I am taking 48 mg vertin with mild relief. How long it will take to completely recover.
Please help.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Epley maneuver is not for vestibular neuronitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Thank you for your query

I have gone through your query. It suggests that you are not on right treatment.

Because the Epley maneuver or repositioning maneuver is a maneuver used to treat benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) of the posterior or anterior canals not for the vertigo due to the vestibular neuronitis.

In this disease with Vertin, I would also prescribe proper antiviral, antibiotics and steroidal medicines for proper duration in proper dose.

In your query you mentioned vertigo/ vestibular neuronitis but for your kind information vestibular neuronitis is the one cause of the vertigo, if you or your doctor sure about that you are suffering from the vestibular neuronitis then surely you are not getting proper treatment.

Most cases of vestibular neuronitis resolve within one to two weeks. Again consult with your doctor for proper diagnosis and management.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health