Suffering from URTI and Allergic bronchitis. Having abnormal sound and cough coming from throat. Treatment?

I am suffering from URTI & Allergic bronchitis from last 3.5 month. continously abnormal sound & cough coming from throat. no weight loss
B.P. 110/70, Weight 83.5 Kg
CXR - Ok
PNS ( Haze in Sinnses)

Blood Report-
DLC-N38, L51, E2.4%

PFT Reort

What Shall I do ?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

You have mentioned that you are suffering from allergic bronchitis. I would like to know if you have suffered from similar symptoms in the past and are you allergic to any thing especially dust and smoke.

Abnormal sound in the chest and cough can be because of allergy and may suggest mild asthma. Sinusitis(haze in the sinuses) could be as a result of allergy (inflammation) or can be a trigger for your asthma like symptoms. Your PFT is essentially normal except that there is minimal reduction in PEFR which has shown significant improvement after bronchodilators(19%). This may also indicate mild asthma

I suggest you try some inhalers like aerocort, antiallergic medicine like monteleukast and cetrizine combination and a nasal spray of fluticasone in consultation with your physician. You may add an antiacid medicine like omeprazole or pantoprazole because often acidity may also cause these kind of symptoms

Beside above measures, avoid exposure to dust and smoke, extreme changes in the temp and do some deep breathing exercises.