Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from Temporomandibular joint due to fibromyalgia. Suggest treatment?

Thank you for last response which was a great help to my girlfriend. She is, however, now suffering from TMJ which seems to have been brought on by her Fibromyalgia. Can you recommend any treatment that would alleviate the condition as she is in agony.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

Based on the information you are looking for best treatment for TMJ caused due to fibromyalgia to relive the agony of you GF.

The best way to get rid for TMJ is to have fibromyalgia under control. Mean while the below mentioned treatment can be given at home to reduce the agony.

Conservative TMJ treatments include:

Stress reduction
No gum chewing
Avoiding wide yawning
Ice packs
Anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Advil (naproxen) and Motrin (ibuprofen).

Hope it helps and your GF returns back to normal health soon.

Please feel free to contact me incase of further concerns or queries.

Thanks for the query, I appreciate your concern towards you GF's pain.