Suffering from TMAU. Stopped Niaspan. Flushing due to the withdrawal of medication?

i was taking 500 mg of niaspan and stop bacause of flushing, Now I';m having tmau like symptoms. could stopping the niaspan be the cause
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

The reason for stopping Niaspan is well taken as it is well documented. There is no reports that there exists any withdrawal effects of Niaspan. The life should improve now.

I think you been researching more than needed about Tmau. TMAU (TrimethylAminuria) is rare genetic condition. No need to worry unless there is family history. I guess you are worried about the body odor that you preceive. Did any one complain you about such an odor from you? If not just do not worry your thoughts are misleading you.

If someone complains then it is better to get evaluation with a GP for other reasons like candidiasis.

If you do not have any questions further please close the discussion and rate the answer.
Follow-up: Suffering from TMAU. Stopped Niaspan. Flushing due to the withdrawal of medication? 13 hours later
why candidasis?
Candidiasis is known to cause peculiar body odors which is essential symptom of TMAU.

I was quoting reasons but not specific.