Suffering from Rheumatic arthritis. Which specialist to consult?

my mother is suffering from rheumatic arthritis for last 15years and her knee and back is affected by it. She also has very weak nerves and has been suffering with neuro problem as well. Some acupuncture specialist has suggested me to give her Vitamin B12 and D3 injection. Please suggest what kind of specialist I should consult. She is 65years
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

For rheumatic arthritis, it is best to consult a rheumatologist or an orthopedician.
Vitamin B12 and methylcobalamin injections might help her nerve related problems.
For age related osteoporosis Vitamin D3 supplements will be helpful but these can be taken orally also.

For any neurological problem, I would advise you to consult with your neurologist. He would be the best person to guide further diagnostic workup and treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.