Suffering from Pulmonary Tuberculosis, completed course. Report showed Bilat PTB C Hemoptysis TRO MDR. Meaning?

Question
MY SON COMPLEATED COURSE OF TB TREATMENT NOW DR ON SEEING X XXXXXXX MENTIONED ON PAPER AS BILAT PTB C HEMOPTYSIS TRO MDR I WANT TO KNOW WEATHER HE IS QUEARED OR HAVING STILL SOME PROBLEM ? MY E MAIL ID IS XXXXX WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 33 minutes later
HiXXXXX,
Thanks for posting your query to this forum,

Your son is suffering from Pulmonary Tuberculosis, and he completed course, I presume you mean 6 months.

The available details there must be some abnormality in X XXXXXXX that is why doctor want to keep possibility of MDR (Multi drug Resistant) Tuberculosis.

I want to know if he is still coughing out blood after completing course of medicines.
He has gained weight or not after treatment?
Is there any cough or fever is still persisting.

Was he very regular in taking ant tubercular treatment as irregular treatment is important cause of failure to cure?

If he is producing sputum then it should be tested for AFB (TB Bacteria) and culture should be done to know sensitivity of drugs.

You can upload reports and treatment prescription so that I can analyze the reports.
Please provide above details, so that I can clarify better.

Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Suffering from Pulmonary Tuberculosis, completed course. Report showed Bilat PTB C Hemoptysis TRO MDR. Meaning? 4 hours later
sir,
my son is not at all coughing iether normal or blood during & after treatment, he gain weight to 65 Kgs from 56 Kgs no cough or fever so far after treatment he was very particular in taking madicin under the supervission of an MD Dr who is also a professor in a govt.medical collage he do not producing cough at present sputum culture have also been done during the treatment
the entire treatment have been done since XXXXXXX 2012
now I want to know is any more treatment is required or not

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 20 minutes later
Thanks for input,
If there are no symptoms like fever, cough, and weight increased by almost 9 kg.
These signs indicate successful treatment

Usually for lungs Tuberculosis 6 to 8 month’s therapy is sufficient unless drug resistance is suspected and treatment failure is there.

Drug resistance is suspected as per your details after last x XXXXXXX then further treatment may be required.

If you have x XXXXXXX and reports you can upload them so that I can review them.
Regarding stopping anti Tubercular therapy you will need to discuss with treating doctor.
Hope this helps.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.