Suffering from Polycystic ovary. Had Follicular study. Prescribed Ovofar, fertobliss and gonal. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
I herewith attached my wife's follicular study report 11th day for your reference.As per this Report she is suffering from Poly syst Ovaries.Doctor prescribed Ovofar,Fertobliss,bigomet and gonal F 75 inj(merk).But The scan result was same on 14th day also.Now they advised me for laproscope operation.Kindly advise.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

The doctor might have adviced laparoscopic drilling of ovaries for your wife. If she has failed to ovulate even after taking the injections you have mentioned, it is better to undergo laparoscopic drilling of ovaries which is necessary for women with PCOS who dont ovulate.
So confirm anovulation with your doctor and go ahead with drilling.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Suffering from Polycystic ovary. Had Follicular study. Prescribed Ovofar, fertobliss and gonal. Suggest? 17 minutes later

What should be the normal follicular size for ovulation? In my wife's case,it is only 7 *7 MM.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

The average size of follicle is 7 mm ( 7 X 7). Ideally it should reach 18 mm average size to be called as dominant follicle.