Suffering from Parkinsonism and also had tracheastomy. Taking strocit regularly. Is it safe to do so?

Hi, my father is suffering from Parkinsonism and also had to undergo tracheastomy a year back. He has been taking strocit regularly for a year now. Is it safe to do so
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 17 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
I am sorry to hear that your father had to undergo tracheotomy.
Citicoline is a brain chemical that occurs naturally in the body. As a medicine, it is taken by mouth as a supplement or given by IV or as a shot.
Semicolon seems to increase a brain chemical called phosphatidylcholine. This brain chemical is important for brain function. Citicoline might also decrease brain tissue damage when the brain is injured.
It is generally a very safe drug.Some people can have side effects such as trouble sleeping (insomnia), headache, diarrhea, low or high blood pressure, nausea, blurred vision, chest pains, and others.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.