Suffering from PTSD. Started taking z-pack. Will this cause irregular heartbeat?

Jun 2013
I have a question about the 5 day z-pack I am taking. I just read it can cause irregular heartbeats. I this true? I am currently suffering from PTSD as my husband died a few year ago. The stress alone causes my heart to beat faster sometimes. Is this z-pack good for me?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 39 minutes later
Hi there ~

Z-pack is not known for irregular heartbeats. However, when you read the product information it will give you all the side effects even if a handful of case reports were documented. Please do not get anxious about the information. You may not at all have this side effect of irregular heartbeats from taking Z-pak.

I understand that you have been having panic attacks and suffering from PTSD after you husband died a few years ago. Yes, the stress itself can cause you to have rapid heartbeats. I recommend that you visit with your psychiatrist to optimize the treatment of your condition by adjusting medications.

I hope this helped. Take care and have a lovely day !