Suffering from PCOS, ultrasound confirmed cysts on both ovaries. On glucophage. Anything else to regulate ovulation?

I suffer from PCOS. ultrasound has confirmed cysts on both ovaries. I'm 33, 5'3", 120lb. Healthy and active. I've been on birth control for 10 years to regulate my period. Since stopping the OC six month ago I've been placed on 1500mg glucophage 500mg tid. Since then I get my period every ~40 days. Then last month, I broke out in facial acne and didn't get my period until 78 days. Blood tests for hormone levels taken on 5th day of cycle show all within normal levels. I'm trying to get pregnant and was wondering if there is anything else I can do to get rid if the cysts and regulate ovulation and menstral cycle?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 21 hours later

I have gone through you’re query. You reported that you been suffering from irregular menstrual cycles due to Polycystic ovaries. Glucophage helped you for a while and not you are unable to menstruate for the last 40 days.

After reading your query, I think you need to get an ultrasound follicle monitoring to observe the growth of the egg as the next step. If eggs are not forming well, then you need medications for egg formation.

A gynecologist or an infertility expert may be able to guide you with the sequential ultrasounds. Consult an infertility centre near you locality where you can go for egg formation trecking and other tests like tube patency test, husband semen analysis, etc.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further queries, I will be available to address them. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Best wishes