Suffering from PCOS and advised to take krimson. Pain in breast and white water was noticed from left brest. Side effect?

Hello Sir,

I am PCOS patient. Dr. recommended me to take krimson 35 for six months and I was having periods but last month during my periods, my breasts pained like hell and white water was coming out of my left breast. Dr. prescribed me anti-prolactin tablet and to dis-continue krymson but I didn't have period this month. Is it due to the dis-continuation of krymson 35? I am worried, please update me ASAP.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More likely due to the higher prolactin levels.

Detailed Answer:

Krimson 35 is the usual mode of treatment used in PCOD to regularize the cycles. It acts on target tissues which include the pituitary, hypothalamus, breasts and also reduces the Follicle stimulating hormone. As the main disturbance in PCOD is the simultaneous development of several follicles, this can be arrested by treatment. Simultaneously, the prolactin levels may be increased and also menstrual disturbances caused as seen with any other contraceptive pill.

The pain in your breasts and the discharge are apparently due to the raised serum Prolactin levels. In such a state, your doctor has given you the right treatment by stopping Krimson and initiating anti-prolactin therapy. The absence of the period is more likely due to the higher prolactin levels and less likely due to the stoppage of the pill.

Please do not worry as your periods will get back on track once the prolactin levels get back to normal. Follow your doctor's instructions and maintain a healthy diet. Please see that your BMI stays within the normal limits of 19-25 and you do some regular daily exercise. There are other pill combinations that can be tried once things get back to the normal state. If you are sexually active, I would suggest exclusion of pregnancy also.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact if you need more clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Suffering from PCOS and advised to take krimson. Pain in breast and white water was noticed from left brest. Side effect? 20 minutes later
Thank You so much Mam.

I am pretty satisfied with your answer. Just 1 question, my BMI is 21.1 and I am trying to lose weight as well. Also, I am taking XXXXXXX Cedar Vinegar 2 times a day from past few days to cure this problem. I've seen its impact as well. My tummy doesn't get bloated now as it used to do earlier.

Is it fine to use XXXXXXX Cedar Vinegar? I studied some articles and found it useful.

I won't say that I am sexually active fully but I & my fiance just felt each other without penetration.

Looking forward for your advise.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicinal benefits are not established.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.
Apple Cider Vinegar is highly acidic. It can damage the enamel of teeth and also the mucosal lining of the esophagus. Low potassium and lowered bone density also can be seen with prolonged use. The health benefits are not established. Occasional use may be tolerated but prolonged excessive use is not recommended.
Please go through the following web site for more information on this.

Coming to your BMI, as it is within normal limits, you need not stress much about it and just try to maintain this so.

Penetration is not needed for conception; pre-ejaculate contains enough sperms for conception to happen if it occurs around the ovulation period.

Hope your doubts are clarified. Please get back if you need more clarifications. I will be ready to help.