Suffering from PCOS. Found positive for pregnancy after delivery. Safe to take abortion pill?

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008, took BC pill until 9/2010, pregnant in 5/2011, had baby in 2/2012. My periods have been fairly regular since having baby (sometimes off by a week or 2). I just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm considering all my options and am wondering how the abortion pill will effect my hormones/PCOS? Could the abortion pill trigger the PCOS to return??
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
A medical abortion wont have any effect on the PCOS per say. PCOS is a kind of hormonal syndrome. You can go for a medical abortion if you wish not to have a baby right now. But you need to know that the PCOS may be symptomatic again. If you want more kids,it would be better to complete your family before you periods become irregular again. Consult your doctor about that. But if you do wish to terminate this pregnancy, the abortion pill can be used within 9 wks.