Suffering from Jaundice. Jaundice blood test:Billirubbin:1.32 and SGOT:10 SGPT 40. Tkaing liv 52. Suggest

Jaundice blood test : Billirubbin : 1.32 and SGOT : 10 SGPT 40,I am taking liv.52,I am suffering from Jaundice.
No vomitings,No fever and I am not taking proper rest due to working in office.One problem is that,when i eating ,food is placed in the throat,solid material not easily going in.liquid easily going.I am not taking non veg and alcohol.My doctor told me it is due to gas problem,he has given gas medicine.please give me proper directions.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I hope situation is improving in uttrakhand now.

Coming to your question, your reports are almost near normal range, in fact SGPT and SGOT are normal. Bilirubin has just started rising.

Please discuss with your doctor and confirm the diagnosis of Jaundice.

In case of jaundice the digestive system becomes weak and the capacity to digest fat goes down; so in cases of jaundice you have some fullness all the time, poor appetite and weakness are common to jaundice.

Your doctor is right, excessive formation of gas and weakness of digestive system can lead to this.

Please do the following, which should help,

>Take small meals,
>avoid high fat food and
>drink plenty of liquids

Rest helps in faster recovery and forms important part of treatment.

As advised please discuss with your doctor, review the diagnosis and continue the treatment given.