Suffering from ITP, Low platelet count. Taking Wysolone. Does the medication affect sperm count?

Dear Sir,
I am XXXXXXX 30yrs male. I already ask question regarding ITP. My previous history to remind you
I am diagnosed with ITP when I was 3yrs old. Then i got second in my age of 15 yrs and 17yrs and 22yrs after 9 years i got again and now 15 days before.
When i got low platelet count i was treating with wysolone tab for that short period. But this time i was admitted in hospital taking platelet transfusion.
Now I am taking wysolone 60mg and now tapered to 30Mg at present. My platelet count is now gradually increased, now it is in 1lakhs 50 thousand.

Thanks for your answers.

I am attaching my today’s blood report for your opinion. My platelets count now 150thou/cmm. Four days before when I take blood test same 150thou/cmm. Which is the safest count? My doctor told me when it maintains above 50thou/cmm not to worry.

In future after tapper and stopping the prednisone how to be maintain safer counts.
My current medicine is 1. Wysolone 30mg 1 at morning
           2. calcigard retard 20 mg morning and night
My BP is 130/80mg.
Now my questions are
1.     Before one month ago I got married, suddenly in 20days I got ITP. Now I am planning to have baby. So wysolone can affect the sperm count. In future after stopping wysolone I can able to get baby. I am too much got worried about baby.
2.     Sexual intercourse weekly twice or thrice will decrease the platelets count while on medication or stopping the medication.

Please clarify me the above questions.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
A platelet count of 150 thousand/ is a good count and is in the normal range. There is nothing to worry. Since ITP happens due to autoimmune causes most of the times, there is nothing much that you can do maintain the platelet count.
Wysolone is not likely to affect the sperm count. You can father a baby without any problems. Do not worry.
Sexual intercourse does not affect the platelet counts in any way. You can enjoy having sex as long as it is pleasurable. Your health problems are not likely to affect your sexual performance or libido.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.